Cozy Up With This Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric-Spiced Carrot Soup This Fall
Fall has arrived and now is the time to infuse the body with warming spices like turmeric, ginger and cumin – and what better way to do it than with this turmeric-spiced carrot soup. Full of beneficial anti-inflammatories and healing properties that’ll help keep colds and other bacterial and viral infections at bay.
– 3 cups chopped carrots
– 1 1/2 cups low-fat coconut milk
– 1 inch fresh turmeric root (1 tsp. powdered)
– 1 inch fresh ginger root (1 tsp. powdered)
– 1 tbsp. finely chopped onion
– 1/2 tsp. cumin
– 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley for garnish
Add all of the above ingredients (except parsley) to a high-speed blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec. Blend on high until it starts to warm slightly, about 2-3 minutes. Serve in a bowl and top with parsley. Enjoy!